Monday, September 27, 2010

Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival

This past weekend was the Oregon Flock & Fiber festival. I headed out there with my daughter so we could have a little girl-time (important when you're outnumbered by males 5 to 2 in your household ;) ) and check out the fiber stuffs.

The sheep, goats, alpacas, and rabbits were a big hit with my daughter, as well as all things soft and fluffy - which is most everything there really - she loved the angora rabbit and decided that this really needs to be our next animal for our household.

I found some dye that I needed at an excellent price, as well as picking up a drop spindle and some roving so I can try my hand at something new: Spinning! Now I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but if I ever want to own one of those gorgeous spinning wheels, I better get the hang of the drop spindle!

Just a little over 2 oz. of roving (mostly BFL from Tumble Creek Farm in Bend, OR) and my spindle bought from a Canby OR spinning guild. 

No comments: